Resources & Tools
Sierra Club BC’s Education Program has developed classroom programs that reflect our current campaigns.
In addition, we offer a wide database of our own educational resources and other recommended environmental education materials. We hope you find inspiration to bring Environmental Education into your classroom!
Resources and Tools
The following are links to activities, guidebooks, articles and lesson plans developed by Sierra Club BC and other contributors. Included in this list of resources are links to recommended organizations, guidebooks, activities and specific articles.
For pre- and post-program packages that correspond directly with your Sierra Club BC classroom visit, please click here.
- Our YELP group has developed a survey for teachers. To read their letter and fill out the survey, click here.
Oui! Nous vous offrons des ressources éducatives aussi! Our French resources are being formatted for web download. See our current selection ici.
- Interactive Ecomap - Learn about flora and fauna in each of B.C.'s ecoprovinces!
Resources by Subject
- Clarks Nutcracker_Draw the Food Web (evaluation)_K-4
- Clarks Nutcatcher_Lesson plan (k-4)
- Clarks Nutcracker story (k-4)
- Frogwatch Lesson Plan_4-7
- Grassland Habitat transparency_3-5
- Grasslands Safari Backgrounder_3-5
- Grasslands Safari_3-5
- Northern Leopard Frog_K-2
- The Southern Interior Mountains and Mountain Caribou
Associated Education Programs: Ecostewardship
Associated Campaigns: Environmental Hotspots
- Carbon Cycle game_package
- Carbon Cycle game_stamps
- Earth Day and Groceries_all ages
- Ecological Footprint_Lesson Plan_5-7
- Food and Transportation
- Resources and Energy
- Healthy homes
- Climate Change Education Learning Resource
Learn about flora and fauna in each of B.C.'s ecoprovinces. Click here to load the interactive Ecomap.
- Barefoot Mapping_8-12
- Addressing the Fears of Teaching Environmental Education in the Classroom
- Measure success of Environmental Education programs_educators
- Green Teacher Resource Package_all ages
- The outdoor classroom
- Expanding your environmental education toolkit_powerpoint slideshow
- Expanding your environmental education toolkit_workshop handouts
- Endangered Species Learning Resource
- Going Wild_Wild products_Educators guide_4-7
- Coasts, Mountains and Wolves
- Coasts, Mountains and Wolves_Understanding Fraser River_5-7
- Coasts, Mountains and wolves_Wolves and Their needs_Wolf Transparency_3-4
- TREE Ecology Intro
- SeaChoice Educators Guide for K-6
- Watersheds connection guidebook_glossary_8-12
- Going Global_lesson plans and activities_8-12
- Watershed connection guidebook_Introduction
- Watershed connection guidebook_Water shed works_lesson plans and activities_8-12
- Watershed connection guidebook_Watersheds and Culture_lesson plans and activities_8-12
- Watershed Stewardship_lesson plans and activities_10-12
- Watershed Worries_lesson plans and activities_8-12
Associated Education Programs: YELP
- Sierra Youth Coalition_Group Toolkit_all ages
- The Green street guide to all ages
- Sustainable High Schools Kit
- Sustainable High Schools Kit - French version