Oct 27, 2014
- In response to the BC's government's request to help study bats, the Flathead Wild group, of which Sierra Club BC is part of, has released information and a report on the findings from 2014's bat BioBlitz.
Oct 17, 2014
Environmental groups disappointed by court decision, new Water Sustainability ActIn a disappointing turn of events, the Supreme Court of British Columbia has ruled that the oil and gas industry — and other major industrial users — do not require a water licence for long term access to the province’s freshwater resources. The challenge was presented earlier this year by EcoJustice on behalf of Sierra Club BC and Wilderness Committee.
Oct 14, 2014
- Peace Valley campaigner Ana's Simeon's statements regarding the federal approval of the Site C dam project with conditions.
More than 25,000 British Columbians to provincial government: reject Kinder Morgan’s application to slice and dice four B.C. parksOct 14, 2014
- With ForestEthics Advocacy and SumOfUs.org, we delivered over 25,000 letters to the provincial government opposing Kinder Morgan's application to change B.C. parks boundaries.
Oct 28, 2014Cranbrook Daily Townsman
- The report from 2014's bat-focused bioblitz in the Flathead River Valley shows the diversity of bats in the area, including two endangered bats.
Oct 28, 2014CFAX 1070
- Terry Moore interviews Sierra Club BC's Flathead outreach coordinator, Mark Worthing on the bat-focused bioblitz in the Flathead River valley.
Oct 21, 2014Georgia Straight
- Campaigns director Caitlyn Vernon's article in the Georgia Straight about Pull Together, the campaign to help support First Nations legal challenges against Enbridge.
Oct 16, 2014Global News
- Another Canadian Press article about the recent court decision to allow oil and gas companies to repeatedly apply for short-term use water permits.