Apr 13, 2014
- Sierra Club BC released the following statement from forest and climate change campaigner Jens Wieting in response to the release of the third instalment of the IPCC’s fifth assessment report.
Apr 02, 2014
- Hundreds of applicants the Kinder Morgan NEB process have been denied. This is undemocratic, and ill-advised, as all British Columbians deserve a say in a project that will affect all British Columbians.
Latest global climate report makes it clear: B.C. must stop pipeline expansion, prepare for impacts of climate changeMar 31, 2014
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change released the second installment of its fifth report today. The study outlines the pervasive impacts of global warming, emphasizing the socio-economic consequences of climate change.
Mar 25, 2014
Controversial Bill 4 to become lawToday Bill 4 (the Park Amendment Act) is set to become law, despite widespread opposition from the BC public and a consortium of leading environmental organizations and notable park advocates. (Joint press release)
Apr 22, 2014Tri-City News
- Sierra CLub BC's Caitlyn Vernon comments on the federal government's decision to downgrade North Pacific humpback whales to a "species of special concern" rather than "threatened" under Canada's Species at Risk Act, removing a legal obstacle to the proposed Enbridge pipeline.
Apr 22, 2014The Province
- Sierra Club BC's Caitlyn Vernon comments on the removal of North Pacific humpback whales from the Species At Risk list, thereby removing a legal obstacle to the proposed Northern Gateway pipeline.
Apr 20, 2014The Morning Star
- Sierra Club Okanagan is inviting residents to help preserve part of the Commonage. A public event will be held Thursday at 7 p.m. at the Schubert Centre in Vernon.
Apr 15, 2014Huffington Post
- Sierra Club BC Forest an d Climate Campaigner Jens Wieting blogs for Huffington Post on the final stages of the Great Bear Rainforest Agreements.