Mar 05, 2014
- Canadian Parks Council is expanding nature programs in parks, particularly welcome in terms of youth and trends towards decreasing outdoor time.
Feb 26, 2014
- Sierra Club BC welcomes the unequivocal rejection by the federal cabinet of the proposed New Prosperity Mine at Fish Lake, which upheld the findings of the federal environmental review panel. The panel found that the proposed mine would cause significant adverse effects on fish and fish habitat, water quality, Aboriginal use and the South Chilcotin grizzly bear population.
Feb 18, 2014
LNG Income Tax Fails to Account for High Environmental Cost of ExtractionToday’s budget reads as an ode to liquefied fracked gas, with $11 million allocated specifically to promote the expansion and export of fracked gas. Even the $3 million increase in funding for Environmental Assessment Office seem designated to facilitate the rapid processing and approval of applications for fracking and mining developments.
Feb 17, 2014
- Sierra Club BC and ForestEthics Solutions are dismayed by the B.C. government’s proposal to allow industry to carry out “research” in B.C.’s protected areas in order to allow pipelines, transmission lines, roads and other industrial activities.
Mar 02, 2014Times Colonist
- Sierra Club BC guest blogger Carol-Lynne Michaels discussed the challenges of her year going plastic-free.
Mar 01, 2014Island Parent
- Sierra Club BC's Ana Simeon writes for Island Parent about the early spring bird-life at Somenos Marsh.
Feb 27, 2014Mining Weekly
- Sierra Club BC welcomes rejection of New Prosperity mine, Taseko stocks stumble.
Feb 27, 201424 Hours Vancouver
- Despite that New Prosperity has been overruled due to potential environmental impacts, Taseko is prepared to fight on.